Monday, August 22, 2011

Mi Vida Loca

Life has been a little hectic lately. At least for me it has been. Not sure about you, but since it's all about me (or at least this blog is) I'm going to ignore those of you who may have said Amen Sister or some other you betcha acknowledgement. Hey don't be offended...like I said it's all about me.

So last Thursday evening we had some hellatious thunderstorms come through town. Short but fierce. The first wave of weather produced this...
oh and this....
Yes that is hail. Not very car friendly I must say....oh and I was not able to capture a picture of the wind but I heard it exceeded 70mph which is why this happened....
That would be a section of our tree measuring approximately 28 feet tall laying on our house. Unfortunately it didn't politely fall there but thought it would break it's long decent from the top of the tree by landing on our balcony first.
That would be the top of this tree section (which actually is about the size of a tree in itself but since our tree is gianormous this is just a tiny part of it) remember the bottom half is sitting on the ground 10 feet from the house.

Anyway, that was the first wave of  nasty. The second one cracked my windshield (fuck you Mother Nature). It's not like I don't have dents all over my little Nissan Sentra from the hail but after the first bit of crap I went out and apparently did some kind of victory end zone dance around my car thanking whomever would listen that my windows were all intact because several of my neighbors had already started tarping their cars because, well, they didn't have windows anymore. 

So my awesome 80s dance moves really pissed off the wrong deity and I've now been totally smited. Is that even a word? Who the fuck cares! My windshield looks like some inept jewel thief was practicing cutting circles in glass...My Glass! The glass I look through when trying to drive.

I would really like to be able to trade a vehicle in one of these days that isn't totally fucked up. Not that I have been planning on trading Lil' Blue or anything but I have to face facts. I'm a car maimer. Shut up spell checker I know that maimer isn't a word!

I have to wonder though if I have a huge car black cloud hanging over my head. Several (read this as meaning more than 10 years but don't mention I'm old please) years ago my very first purchase of a brand new off the showroom floor vehicle also met with an unfortunate Fuck You from Mother Nature. It was a Nissan Sentra also but don't read anything into that just yet.

Anyway, I was a proud owner of a brand new Nissan and as my 6 year loan was coming to an end (2 payments left) a downpour in mass proportions left some areas flooded and street lights not working. My poor Nissan and it's unsuspecting driver (me) ended up in 3 feet of standing water (this story is actually one for another blog post which I may do in future....oooo mysterious....not really.) Needless to say, irreparable. But never fear my insurance came through with a check for a whopping $1000. Which paid the last two payments and left me money to buy a Happy Meal.

Now what does a girl do with no transpo in a city that has the suckiest public transportation system ever? Scrape up some money to get a cheap car which unfortunately means I got a KIA. To make a long story just a little bit shorter the KIA ended up with a whole lot of hail damage too and when my insurance came around to do estimates they said "Yep that's a lot of damage. 'Bout $3400 I'd say. Here's 500 bucks." And then I was like "WHAT??? You said there is over 3 Thousand Dollars worth of damage!" And they said...."I know but that's all your car is worth...you bought a Fucking KIA."

Ok they really didn't say that but I'm pretty sure he thought it because when I pulled up I heard one of them yell "Hey guys. Get over here. You have got to see this car!" Followed by a lot of laughter. I'm 99.9%  pretty sure they weren't talking about the amount of hail damage.

I just hope that the insurance adjuster doesn't do that with Lil' Blue. But I'm down to my last 6 payments on a 6 year loan so I'm not holding my breath.

Well, I didn't really talk much about what else made my life a little hectic lately but it's almost 5am and I have to work in a few hours so I'm going to try to out wit insomnia by pretending to be sleepy and going to bed now. Pretty sure this won't work but maybe the Benadryl will.

Oh and before I leave you all, just know that this weekend I also attended my 20th high school reunion and my dad came home from the hospital after having knee replacement surgery. High School reunion super fun....dad's recovery not so much. One involved too much Tequila. The other not enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment