Friday, July 16, 2010

No tolerance for idiots....

First off I have to tell you that I worked for over a decade with adults with special needs. Many of them were mentally challenged. I really have an endless supply of patience when it comes to those people. Honest I do. However, lately, I have noticed my tolerance for people with "normal" IQs who act like complete idiots is diminishing. I don't know if it is the fact that I am fast approaching 40 or that the pollutants in our air and soil are causing certain stupid people to meet certain other stupid people resulting in the world crisis of a baby boom of breeding fucktards or what. But let me tell you, it's an epidemic.

Went to Runza not to long ago and ordered myself a Swiss Cheese Mushroom Runza (yummo!) and ordered my mom a Swiss Cheese Mushroom Burger with only mustard. I don't work at Runza. I don't know what they put on their sandwiches. Some places put mustard, ketchup and pickles standard. Some places you get lettuce and tomatoes too. Runza apparently gives you dumb asses taking orders. After a long pause once I ordered my mom's sandwich the disembodied female voice (I'll call her Dumb-Ass-Woman or DAW for short) had a couple of questions....
DAW--What was after that Swiss Cheese Mushroom Runza?
Me--A Swiss Cheese Mushroom Burger with only mustard.
DAW--Ma'am the Swiss Cheese Mushroom Burger doesn't come with mustard."
Me--(after an eye roll and a mental WTF) OK, can I get that with mustard only?
DAW--Do you want the mushrooms and cheese?
Me--(reigning in my smart ass remarks, biting my tongue, and putting on a smile) Yes that would be great. A Swiss Cheese Mushroom Burger with Swiss cheese, mushrooms and mustard.

Am I really losing my ability to accept stupidity with grace and a shoulder shrug? Did I even have that ability or am I just being bombarded more recently without having the experience of shrugging it off over this last decade because it truly is becoming some sort of wide swept affliction?

No comments:

Post a Comment