Friday, May 21, 2010

What up?

I don't know why I titled my post that way. It sounds so much better when you say it to a friend then it does here. I mean, how cool are you when you see someone you know give the little head nod and say "What up?" but here....it kind of looks like you failed grammar in school and spelling. Which leads me to my topic of the day....

Can someone please tell me what the point is to text typing.

I know it tends to go a little faster if you can eliminate some letters from your text but do you really need to text 120 words per minute? Are your friends timing you? Are you going for a world record?

I see this going on outside texting too. I am a member of tons of different sites..Shelfari, Facebook, MySpace etc and everyday I am bombarded with things like....

-wut? I wuz thinkin tha same shit itz jst u beat me 2 it!
-this wize woman told me that if I wus 2 jst $mile 1nce I wud git betr tips.
and
-i knoe that is somethin he would sayy 2

Is it really that much easier to type a z in wise instead of an s? How about the u in was? Knoe? 1nce instead of once?

I have a "friend" who actually types everything that has an i in it with 2 i's. So her texts would read something like this....
Hii all, ii'm goiin out of twn 2niite. ii wiill see evry1 when ii get bak.

Over all she really seems like a nice girl and completely not uneducated so I am thinking she must have a good reason why she does this. Weird huh? Now I'm going to say something that shows my age as I shake my fist in the air as those crazy kids take a shortcut in their writing (as if they were taking a shortcut through my yard) and say..... What is this world coming to?

Or should I say? Wut iiz ths wurld cumiin 2?

No comments:

Post a Comment